Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My monthly post

Just kidding. I've just been ridiculously busy/preoccupied lately.

I finished my six-week summer class and got another A. And I thought going back to school was gonna be hard! Fall Semester starts Monday and I'll be going full-time; will also need a part-time job. It's been hard because it's summer and nobody's hiring. I just can't wait for everyone to be hiring again, since money's getting tight. Full-time work and full-time school is impossible since I'm taking serious classes, not bs classes. At least 2.5 of my 4 classes are web-based classes. (Statistics is a hybrid. English and Philosophy are internet. Wee!) I also love that honey bunny's proud of me for going back. It isn't easy, though. Since I'm paying for it all by myself, it's taken a lot of my savings. But I'll be getting a coffee shop job soon and will be getting edjumacated (yeah, what?!) and all will be right with the world.

I've also been capitalizing on my unemployment and focusing on being a good house frau. Keeping the home clean, working on our back patio, fantasizing about the pitter-patter of little furry feet. And since Micah is so busy with work (god bless OT), I've been the one trying to work out the whole marriage planning thing. I don't see why people go to all the trouble of a wedding. It seems unreasonable to me for us to have a wedding since we've practically been married (what with living together and all) for two and a half years anyway. If we having anything besides a courthouse wedding at all, we're gonna do it right: Vegas. (And not just Vegas, Elvis. Oh, yes, I said Elvis.) It'll be kitschy and vintage and awesome.

No comments: