
Now that Barack Obama is our president, it is insane to think that there are still people in this country who don't have fundamental rights! Proposition 8 - and equal marriage rights for all Californians - was brutally shot down earlier this week. As an individual voice of protest, I have joined an underground photographic blog movement. (Huzzah! I'm no 32!) If one photo is worth a thousand words, I hope mine will speak volumes.
I love Micah. He is my family, in every way. If anything were to happen to either of us while we are still not married, we wouldn't have any rights to each other, and it doesn't make sense to me that we wouldn't have those fundamental rights. That is why I voted No on Prop 8 two days ago, because EVERY Californian should be able to chose their family. Marriage isn't a sacred rite, it's a civil right.
Let's keep fighting for legal marriage equality.
If you would like to keep fighting for marriage EQUALITY, check out any of the following links...
http://offbeatbride.com/2008/11/let-freedom-ring#referrer
http://www.eatingoutloud.com/prop-8
http://www.diaryofamodernmatriarch.com/2008/11/let-freedom-ring.html
http://www.eqca.org/site/pp.asp?c=kuLRJ9MRKrH&b=4026385
In 101 in 1001 news, here are some of the photos I thought might be worth posting. (Let me know if you can't see them.)
Never
Never
Never
Give Up!
1 comment:
YES!
Post a Comment