Thursday, July 19, 2007

yesterday was crap!

I should maybe start back when my week went to crap. Last Friday I found out an uncle of mine had died and his funeral would be the next day. (Oh the joy of being in a dysfuntional family!) The funeral was the same day as a birthday party Micah & I had to go to. I was supposed to make mac & chee, but as I had a funeral to attend, I was unable to make it. We went and had a good time at the party.
Flash forward to Wednesday. My boss (who hosted the party... it was his & his two kids' birthday) said to me that if I promised to bring something and I couldn't I should call to let someone know. I told him I hadn't had time that morning as there had been a death in the family. (Needless to say he felt rather ridiculous.)
Then his wife (who also works with us) was saying how forward she'd been to have some of the M&C. (Micah's M&C is ridiculously yummy.) I felt like saying to her: "I'm so sorry I couldn't bring you food. The next time there's a death in my family, I promise I won't go to the funeral, even if it's for my dearest brother, if I haven't made you Mac & Chee!" Some people have no respect. I find it sad food is more important to her than my feelings.
Anyway... after I left work I was going to get onto the freeway and ran into a curb. My car drives straight and there aren't any dents, so it's fine. I just felt like and idiot. Then I had to merge from the 5 to the 22 and some a-hole flipped me off! I mean, all I wanted to do was get over and he was stopped. Some people; so selfish.
When I got home last night I dropped by the mail box to get the mail like I always do when I get home and there were people talking to the maintainance guy. The M.G. asked if our place was flooded. I told him I had no idea and went to ask Micah. Lo-and-behold our apartment was flooded. Thank goodness it was just the bathroom area... which is right off our bedroom. The lower level of our entire unit (there are eight: four bottom & four top) was drown and our's was the worst. They were in and out of our place until past midnight. All our clean laundry I'd done Tuesday but wasn't able to fold & put away is soaked and needs to be washed AGAIN! They're going to have to rip out part of our carpet and sterilize it.
I'll reiterate that I'm convinced it's the loud-walking-talk-until-2am people right above us. It's crazy! They're up until, like, 2am talking or yelling or fighting and they walk like they don't have downstairs neighbors. What on earth are they putting down their drains for goodness sake?!
I hope next week will be better.
~A

No comments: