Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy July!!

The fourth is Wednesday and Micah & I are having a (super-small like our apartment) get-together/grill-off!! It'll be fun even if it's just the two of us.

Birthday week in review: Wednesday June 20 was my 22nd birthday. Micah & I went to George's Greek Deli. We saw at least 6 Doxies on the way. A-dorable! (I think it was a sign...) We both had souvlaki... yum. I bought a new Mp3 player (a white Creative Zen Micro 5g - way cool) Tuesday. I went to dinner Thursday with Stevie; we went to El Pollo Loco because I wanted birthday flan & he gave me the Queen... the movie. Friday I went with Nola to see Frosty Heidi & Frank and got there really early so we could get a good seat and then couldn't hear anything because people were all in the way! Saturday we saw April and had an impromptu hang out with her before she went to work. Then I hung out with Karen later Saturday and we went to Woody's & Ikea. Sunday we went to the Doxie races and Micah got his new car. Stevie & Karen & Heather & Karl & Micah & I were there. And there were Doxies everywhere! It was adorable.

And I know I talked about this last week at S&B, but I'll keep the word out. ;) Micah (sweetheart) went to Yarn Lady to get my birthday present: Classic Elite Yarn's BamBoo in #9471 Bougainville. The lady at first tried to tell him that that company didn't make a bamboo yarn. Then she found ONE skein and it wasn't even the color I wanted. "No, she already has that color. And she was pretty insistent that this is what she wants." BTW: He even memorized the color number! "What my baby wants my baby gets." Although he thought a yarn guide was a book... what a darling! So when he got home he spent a hour trying to find my yarn for me. "Those yarn shop websites are useless." They kind of are... They're great if you want to know what events are coming up, but you can't actually buy any yarn; not that you'd want to! Goodness! Y.L. is way down in Laguna Hills anyway. Why should I go there when Alamitos Bay Yarn Company is just over in... well... Alamitos Bay?!! The only reason I wanted Micah to even go to Y.L. is because it is right near his work. The people there are just a bunch of rude, old, rich biddies!!!

I shaved Micah's hair yesterday. He's like a white Ghandi. I'm 1/3 way done with the wine cozy... it's all stockinette, so it's no bfd.

That's all folks!

<3: Alie

1 comment:

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Wow, Micah gets tons of points for even attempting to enter a yarn store. I think the only way I could convince my husband to step foot inside a craft store is if the store was burning and I was trapped inside.